The Northern Health Foundation is responsible for allocating grants all year round.
Grants go towards equipment, projects, programs or general funding between the amounts of $5,000 to $500,000 to community groups, health professionals and associations who share our vision for a healthier northern community.
Apply for a grant
Submissions must be made in writing using the application form to the Foundation Director and should address all criteria including:
- a description of the nature and purpose of the project
- a statement as to whether the request is for a new project or existing project (existing projects must include prospects for alternative support and a summary of past achievements and future plans)
- a description of project activities and goals
- an explanation of the community members expected to benefit from the project
- requirements and restrictions for project participation
- an outline of evaluation measures
- the monetary figure required and itemization of anticipated expenditures.
Grants are not provided for clinical or medical research, travel or associated conference costs, events or fundraising.
How we evaluate grants
All applications received by the Northern Health Research, Training and Equipment Trust will be acknowledged by email or letter. Based on the content of the application, grant recommendations are made to the Northern Health Corporate Committee which in turn provides its assessment to the Northern Health Foundation Board for approval. Grants are then approved by the Northern Health Chief Executive Officer, or in the case of larger funding requests, by the Northern Health Board. All grant applicants will be advised in writing of the outcome of their submission.